First of all, Gary Vee isn’t for everyone. I personally love his passion, but I can understand if he moves too fast or appears to be a bit out of control in his videos (side note: he is a Jets fan so there’s that too). This is one of those audiobooks you need to listen to at it’s actual pace because Gary narrates it and he talks a mile a minute, so no 1.25x or 1.5x as you’ll lose your mind.
It’s a very short book, which I finished in less than 24 hours. If you’re interested in building a personal brand or building a business around what you’re most passionate about, THIS IS FOR YOU. Gary shares his stories of how he had 8 lemonade stands as a kid and then transitioned into selling baseball cards, which he made $30,000 from (which was under his bed), and then transitioned into helping his dad with his wine business and built a $4 million business to a $60 million business (using the internet) over 6 years.
An interesting piece of the audiobook vs the print version is Gary LOVES to go off script. He literally does it over a dozen times which makes the book pretty exciting. You can hear his passion for the topic and meaning behind things so you need to pause and really hammer a point home. It’s a very interested audiobook, which I highly recommend. It doesn’t tackle a lot of core principals to business development, but it crushes the idea of HUSTLE and building a personal brand!
Check List: How to build personal brand in 21 Steps
- Identify Your Passion
- Think of 50 Awesome Blog Topics (to ensure stickyness)
- Answer the following questions: (1) Am I sure my passion is what I think it is? (2) Can I talk about it better than anyone else (or at least think I can)?
- Name Your Personal Brand
- Buy Your Username.com or .tv
- Choose your medium: Audio, Video, Written Word (Blog)
- Start a WordPress or Tumblr Blog
- Hire A Designer
- Include a Facebook Connect Link and Share Functionality
- Create a Facebook Fan Page
- Sign up Ping.fm OR other 3rd Party to make posting easy
- Post Your Content
- Create a community by engaging and reply to comments and forums
- Use Search to find people: Search.Twitter.com
- Use BlogSearch.Google.com to find blogs that are relevant to your topic(s)
- Join as many Facebook Pages that are relevant to your topic and engage
- Repeat steps 1-16 over and over and over and over and over and OVER AND OVER!
- Do it again.
- AND AGAIN!
- Start reaching out to advertisers and start monetizing!
- Enjoy the ride! The process is better than the results. Wake up and be happy.
Here’s a perfect summary video of the book:
What are your thoughts on Gary Vee and his content? Comment below!